Amazon Account Suspended & How to Get it Back
- Selling counterfeit or prohibited items: Amazon has a zero-tolerance policy for counterfeit items. If you are caught selling counterfeit items, your account will be suspended immediately. Amazon also prohibits the sale of certain types of items, such as alcohol, tobacco, and weapons. If you are caught selling prohibited items, your account may also be suspended.
- Having a high order defect rate: Amazon measures your performance as a seller by your order defect rate. This is the percentage of orders that have been returned, refunded, or had other problems. If your order defect rate is too high, your account may be suspended. Amazon considers a number of factors when calculating your order defect rate, including the number of returns, refunds, and customer complaints.
- Shipping late or not shipping at all: Amazon expects sellers to ship orders on time. If you frequently ship late or do not ship orders at all, your account may be suspended. Amazon defines “on time” shipping as shipping within the estimated delivery date that is shown to the customer when they place an order.
- Having a high number of negative feedback: Amazon also considers negative feedback when evaluating seller performance. If you have a high number of negative feedback, your account may be suspended. Amazon defines “negative feedback” as feedback that is rated 1 or 2 stars.
- Violating Amazon’s terms of service: Amazon has a long list of terms of service that sellers must agree to. These terms cover a wide range of topics, including product listings, pricing, shipping, and customer service. If you violate any of these terms, your account may be suspended.
Some Other Amazon Suspended Account Reasons:
- Fraudulent activity: Amazon takes fraud very seriously. If you are caught engaging in fraudulent activity, your account will be suspended immediately.
- Repeated violations: If you are repeatedly violating Amazon’s policies, your account may be suspended.
- Suspension of other Amazon accounts: If you have other Amazon accounts that have been suspended, your new account may also be suspended.
How to Unsuspend Amazon Account
If your account has been suspended, you will receive an Amazon account suspended email explaining why your account was suspended. You will also be given the opportunity to appeal the suspension. When appealing a suspension, it is important to be honest and upfront about what happened. You should also explain how you plan to prevent the issue from happening again.
The length of time that your account is suspended will depend on the severity of the violation. In some cases, your account may be suspended for a few days. In other cases, your account may be suspended permanently.
If you have any questions about why your account was suspended, you can contact Amazon Seller Support.
Tips to Sell on Amazon account:
- Sell only genuine, authorized products. Make sure that you have the proper documentation to prove that you are authorized to sell the products that you are listing on Amazon.
- Ship orders on time and accurately. Use a reliable shipping carrier and track your shipments so that you can ensure that they arrive on time.
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly and professionally. Be responsive to customer inquiries and address any issues that they may have in a timely manner.
- Read and follow Amazon’s terms of service carefully. Make sure that you are familiar with all of Amazon’s policies and regulations before you start selling on the platform.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your Amazon account in good standing and avoid suspension. Learn more from the experts of AMZSparks, If you are concerned about the reasons for a suspended Amazon account and how to avoid it.
Frequently Asked Questions – 2023
Answer: Amazon gives sellers 17 days to appeal a suspension. The appeal can be submitted through the link provided in the suspension email. However, submitting an appeal does not guarantee that your seller privileges will be restored. Amazon reviews each appeal carefully.
The duration of a suspension can vary depending on how well it is handled. A suspension can last anywhere from one day to indefinitely. If the issue is resolved quickly and to Amazon’s satisfaction, the suspension may be lifted sooner. However, if the issue is not resolved or if the seller does not take steps to prevent it from happening again, the suspension may be permanent.
Amazon has terminated over 13,000 Pakistani seller accounts due to suspected fraud. The accounts were terminated after Amazon’s fraud detection team identified suspicious activity, such as fake reviews and price gouging. Amazon is committed to providing a safe and trusted marketplace for buyers and sellers and will take action against any sellers who violate its policies.
How long do Amazon account suspensions last?